jueves, 18 de febrero de 2010

Quercus Ilex, Holly Oak.
















The transplant of this Holly Oak was done last spring. In the following photos you can see the tree several years ago in the first photo and the different changes in pruning and changing the position in the new plant pot. It is a pity I don’t have earlier photos of this tree as it has been with me around 12 or 13 years at that time my Bonsai teacher told me to cut of all the branches and start from cero, which now I regret and ever since I have never done again. Now I only collect trees with old branches, with bark. This tree will take at least another five years to look like a finished Bonsai. The reason for the drawing pins on the trunk is so I don’t make a mistake when positioning the tree in it’s new front. I used 80% Akadama and 20% of decomposed granite in the new soil, it was soaked in Superthrive during half an hour and inoculated with Mycorrhizae. After planting it in it’s new pot it was defoliated, the last photo is recent.

No hay comentarios: